Drag and Drop
iDocument keeps your document management simple and straight. To start your journey, we'll need to centralize all your documents into one location, that's the first step but most important step for you organize your documents. In that way, you'll always know where to find your documents.
Easy Management Flow
After we had all documents stored in our library, we could start our documents organizing, since iDocument provides two different ways to manage the documents, let's introduce them separately.
To present the traditional document management method in stylish and easy, these are the differences you can find inside iDocument:
- A new layer concept: Collection is introduced to make a more clear structure. It is defined as the hyper level in the structure. With this extra layer, the weight of each layer becomes so obvious and finally gives you a very clean and tide library.
- The ability to browse all documents from the top level of a structure, you'll never need to open levels of folders to locate your target documents.
- If you already had your documents organized previously in finder, you'll be able keep your previous folder structures right in iDocument by drag and drop your folders into the Collection section. And it is all considered.
Tag is a very common concept in the modern management tools, it simply refers to group documents by keywords, it is the best option for those new organizers:
- Extremely easy and quick accessibility to add your tags to a document, simply type the keyword under the document in the browsing window, your documents are tagged.
- A full tag list that provides you quick access to all documents with the tags, you'll also have the ability to select multi folders to filter documents with related tags.
- A tag management panel to let you organize your tags to keep them in the best shape. Again, you're perfectly look after with the advanced design.
Browse and Present
And when you finished the two steps above, Your manage job is almost done. Next, you could now choose your favorite browsing view and the sort orders to customize the library you like. And that's how iDocument easily organize the documents in your Mac.
In order to provide you with a completely easy to use experience, add annotations to documents are all designed to be simple clicking or on screen typing, you could easily add labels, add flags, or rate your documents straight on the document, it is easy and efficient.
A very important factor in documents management system is find back your documents, and along with the well organized library, iDocument also provides you a highly advanced search system, you'll find the following benefits when you search documents inside iDocument:
Deep search, allows you to search Titles, Tags, Rating, or Author, any information you could record, it leads you directly to your document.
Type it like you think it
Quick search, type to search in the documents browsing window, locate your documents right after you open iDocument.
Fully compatible with Mac's Spotlight search
Global search, iDocument integrated spotlight search inside, all information inside iDocument is also searchable under Spotlight.
Automatic organize your documents
To make a really special management app, we need to not only make the program easy to use, but also give it some wisdom. That's exactly what iDocument has, we designed some auto functions to make the program to be best assistant for your managing jobs. And let's introduce the following two smart features:
Smart Rules, simple straight 'if.. to do' command, let's iDocument batch process or auto process the repeated works like rename, auto tag, change date, etc.
Incoming Folder, watches your folders and pick the new and update documents automatically if you'd like to.
As time goes by, rules are changed within the documents management concept, after some good cloud service introduced, such as Dropbox. Lots and lots of documents are uploaded to the air, and naturally, management is also needed in the cloud. To catch up the new demands, iDocument is now able to manage documents in your Dropbox account!
iDocument is integrated with the popular Dropbox cloud service, you could easily sync your documents from your iDocument library onto your Dropbox account by simply drag&drop documents within iDocument. All process is simplified to the easiest. Using it, to feel the joy of syncing documents above the cloud.
iDocument for iPhone
At last, to give you one more reason to like iDocument, iDocument comes with a accessory iOS application, which it allows you to sync documents directly to your iPhone, and also, you could add new documents like receipts, bills back from your iPhone to your iDocument library. It makes the whole iDocument system flexible than ever before.